• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crazy Cameras (1 Viewer)

Hedgeland

Has anyone bought anything from this online company?

They have some pretty cheap stuff like an eyepiece for nikon but its £127 compared to about £290 in any other shop.

Sounds too good to be true but wondering if anyone used then before?
CHeers

Or perhaps they are just exploiting the US market's depth effectively. Certainly the prices
listed for similar equipment is much lower in the US than in the UK. So there should be an opportunity for a clever middleman.
It may be possible to get more specific feedback on this shop from sites such as Epinions.

@etudiant - my point was that the .co.uk domain is supposed only to be used by companies registered in the UK - whilst that certainly is not always the case, I personally would not be willing to deal with a company that appears to "pretend" to be UK-based but which has call centres in the Philliphines and a PO Box address in Portland :)

As I understand it, the organisation is a trading house, sourcing goods world-wide at good prices. But that means users are likely to a) receive non-UK spec products with non-UK manuals etc and b) would be unlikely to get warranty support from the UK sales office of the brand of product purchased. The sale of goods act here suggests that manufacturers refer consumers back to the point of purchase to reject goods unfit for purpose - not sure I want to have to pick up the tab for shipping something back to a PO Box number in the US if it was DOA, for example.

There's a phrase that goes something like "you get what you pay for". Cheap does not necessarily mean good when it comes to customer service :)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back