• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Posting pictures (1 Viewer)

equipictures

Is it just me or do you all come on here and start producing a large pile of buttons under your seat? It's this 3 picture rules fault. I understand why it's implemented, god knows I've had enough E-mails regarding it lol, but it's frustrating at times. Anyhow, the thing I would like to ask is when do you know it is safe to post more pictures? I posted the following day thinking it would be safe but 24hrs hadn't elapsed. Is their some way of knowing the time you posted a picture? Sorry if this is a stupid question lol but I gotta know :brains:

In the Home Gallery the taskbar above the first row of pictures has a button: "last day" -click this & if your last posted image doesn't feature it should be safe to re-post.

As membership rises more images are posted in a shorter period. Sadly I have missed some quality pictures as often the transit time at peak periods results in the image passing through & off the page before you know it exists. Reviewing the many images posted on Birdforums has undoubtedly lifted my photographic skills (I've gone from very poor to perhaps as high as nearly mediocre ;) ).

Thank you m8, much appreciated.

I agree with you regarding the quality on offer on the galleries. It really does make you want to take better photographs or try lol. I am a birding newbie regarding photo taking but like most people, have always enjoyed looking at them. I'm really happy I have found this website with such helpful people on it. You might regret me finding it though lol cos I'll be picking a lot of brains over the coming months :)

I've 'got away with' posting shots within 24 hours but its usually been quite close to the time limit and always the next calendar day.

If there was too strict an interpretation of the rules then you'd have to wait just over 24 hours, just to be on the safe side, and thus your posts would get later and later until after bed-time! This assumes you've got plenty of photos to upload, of course - a 'problem' I'm hoping to have when I come back from my holiday!

I also agree on the quality of photos in the gallery pushing ones own standards upwards - when I look back at some of my earlier digital shots that I was pleased with at the time, well I wouldn't dare upload them to the gallery nowadays!

Adey Baker said:
I also agree on the quality of photos in the gallery pushing ones own standards upwards - when I look back at some of my earlier digital shots that I was pleased with at the time, well I wouldn't dare upload them to the gallery nowadays!

I'm just at that stage m8 ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back