• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

South Worcestershire, England (1 Viewer)

cmartin123

This little thing was seen by a relative today (27/9/17) and after a quick google I can't figure out what it is. Apologies about the picture quality, I had to take a picture of a picture to get it on the site. Appreciate any help!

Attachments

• IMG_1262.JPG
    IMG_1262.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1263.JPG
    IMG_1263.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 87
As Sancho says it's an adult male House Sparrow - sad that they are now not immediately recognisable by your relative, who clearly feeds birds and I assume therefore takes note of what comes and goes normally.

Mick

As Sancho says it's an adult male House Sparrow - sad that they are now not immediately recognisable by your relative, who clearly feeds birds and I assume therefore takes note of what comes and goes normally.

Mick

Ditto to that - they are getting frighteningly scarce on much of urban Britain now. A warning call to us all.

Ditto to that - they are getting frighteningly scarce on much of urban Britain now. A warning call to us all.

Unfortunately it seems no one with influence is heeding those warnings.. I think they simply don't care... Full steam ahead turning the UK into a concrete jungle.. No let-up on the annihilation of the food supply using insecticides/herbicides.. Fill the country up... Standing room only.. Its a little rich the UK lecturing the world about protecting their wildlife while we're actively destroying our own..
Anyway that's my rant.. Got it off my chest.. Its soul destroying slowly watching UK species disappearing over the last 50 years...

Agreed with everything said regarding the demise of our Sparrows. We are very lucky to have a local flock of around 25 individuals that have been happily nesting in ours and our neighbours lofts for the last 15 years or so.
Many of us have feeders so they get a constant supply of goodies. At least the Bournemouth gang are doing ok
alan

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back