• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden Lists (1 Viewer)

Andy Wraithmell

aka Limeybirder
Have been a home owner since august here in Tallahassee, Florida and have been obsessively keen on my garden list. To date have had 70 species including 14 species of Parulidae most notably Cerulean Warbler and 2 Yellow-breasted Chats. Regular visitors at the moment include; Tufted Titmouse, Northern Cardinal, Northern Mockingbird, House Finch, White-breasted Nuthatch, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Carolina Chickadee, Myrtle Warbler, Carolina Wren, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Pine Warbler and Mourning Dove. Cold front is heading our way and hopefully it will bring an influx of northern species to add to our growing list; Red-breasted Nuthatch, Pine Siskin, Purple Finch and Browncreeper have been sighted not far away.

In the summer and fall I ran a mister most days which attracted many warblers into the garden. At times I could watch Magnolia, Pine, Chestnut-sided, Black & White and American Redstart bathing, preening and drinking in the same bush!!

Love to hear about other birder's gardens Worldwide. We have a friend staying at the moment and she has Florida Scrub-jays in her garden.
:frog:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back