• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Martin's 2023 Bird List (Chevy Chase, MD, USA) (2 Viewers)

Visiting family in Oregon, and managed to get in a bit of birding as well. Really enjoyed the Tualatin River where we saw 40 American White Pelicans overhead, hundreds of Canadian and Cackling geese, and an escapee Black Swan. Also found a lifer in a Long-billed Dowitcher.

October 29

Berrydale Park, Portland, Oregon, USA
294. California Scrub-Jay
295. Red-breasted Nuthatch

November 2

Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge, Sherwood, Oregon, USA
296. Greater White-fronted Goose (+)
297. Northern Pintail (+)
298. Long-billed Dowitcher
299. American White Pelican (+)

Latest lifer: #943 - Long-billed Dowitcher (Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge, Sherwood, Oregon, USA)

It's been slow on the birding front this past month, but I did lift my year list to a clean 300 on November 19th with a lifer in the form of a visiting Lark Sparrow. A great way to finish the year, my second best ever after 2018 when I saw 356 Species.

Wishing everyone happy holidays and a great new year!

November 19

Woodstock Equestrian Park, Dickerson, Maryland, USA
300. Lark Sparrow

Latest lifer: #944 - Lark Sparrow (Woodstock Equestrian Park, Dickerson, Maryland, USA)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back