• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Geovid fans? (1 Viewer)

handwerk

Realizing the main market is hunters like myself, any of you folks using geovid RF binos?

I've had several of the previous models and currently am enjoying the now discontinued HD-R 8x42's and they proved to be a great optical tool.

I am not a hunter at all, but do have a 8x42 Geovid HD-R (Type 402) and was surprised how clear and bright its optics are, one of the brightest images in any 8x42 I have come across (I have quite a few in that size). Contrast and color saturation are in my eyes just slightly inferior to the Ultravid HD-Plus, but still very good. Despite its size and weight (20% heavier than an SF), it is easy to handhold for extended periods due to the special "banana-like" shapes of the tubes (a result of the Perger prisms), which allow a more natural hand position since the tubes "point slightly downwards" when observing straight ahead (if yo know what I mean). Looking at the eypieces, where a number of shiny structures and distinct false pupils are visible, I guess Leica and/or Dr. Perger still have a little bit of room to improve the overall optical system, but the current model is a very good basis for that and I find it quite an outstanding glass, which I enjoy each time I am out in the fields.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back