• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

And for a Change... How many Families have you seen? (1 Viewer)

Joshua-B

There have been so many "how many" threads that I think it's time for a slight twist. How many families (overall) have you seen? Here's a link to the IOC families list, which I would think is pretty similar to others like Clements, etc; http://www.worldbirdnames.org/names-fam-list.html

It should be interesting to see who's seen the broadest range of birds all over the world, (maybe someone here has seen them all!). Also, everyone has to have seen at least one, so there's no excuse of "I haven't seen any of these birds ;) )

So far, I've seen 109 out of the 230 bird families in the world (probably a bit small compared to other people, but I haven't been to the America's or Asia or Europe... yet :t: ).

Quick count up from the link puts me at approx 124, judging by your location, I bet our combined total would be pretty impressive.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back