• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any possible ID on these 4 birds? Costa rica december 22. (2 Viewers)

Agree with the others including the first, to add to the features you already mentioned, we have white under-tail coverts.

3. A young Black-capped Flycatcher, you can still see the yellow corners (flanges) to the mouth.

Last edited:
3 looks like Olive-streaked to me, white post ocular & yellow at the gape, which seems to be a feature of Mionectes Flycatchers.

I think 3 is a young Dusky-capped Flycatcher. Notice the yellowish on the belly and reddish in the wings and tail, reminiscent of a Myiarchus.

I agree with your IDs of 2 and 4.

I think 3 is a young Dusky-capped Flycatcher. Notice the yellowish on the belly and reddish in the wings and tail, reminiscent of a Myiarchus.

I agree with your IDs of 2 and 4.
Its structure, stance etc are very different to Myiarchus. Bills on those are big and not bicoloured as here, tails longer etc. Most especially, they don't have a white teardrop-shaped path of skin behind the eye as this does. The reddish in the wings and tail is largely (but not entirely) photo artefact. It's an olive-streaked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back