• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any suggestions- French Pyrenees (2 Viewers)

edit: only realized now that I only scrolled halfway the thread and didn't see all other posts in between with more info about the mammals, and the post where you said you arrived! Anyway:

Bears are probably more in the C-Pyrenees (Val d'Aspe and surroundings, if any left, they are on the brink), Pyrenees Chamois, Pyrenees Desman (unlikely unless you prepare / have a good site / contact) and that's it for the (big) specialties.

Further on you have wild boars, wild cats, Isard, Marmots (introduced), Pine Martens,...
These were pleasantly confiding (Aspe valley, July 2021)!
View attachment 1525033
Just saw my first one crossing a path near col d’aspin. Sadly didn’t manage any photos but it was extremely close. My second mustelid of this visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back