• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Awesome service from Zeiss USA (1 Viewer)

Robert Moore

I mailed my binoculars on June 25th and got them back today. Less than 2 weeks for my Zeiss 8x42 HT. They replaced the eyecups, cleaned outside, adjusted hinge, reworked focus drive, aligned, lubricate, and reset zero. Normally they sent them to Germany and it would take 12 weeks so I was shocked when I got them back so soon. They did an excellent job and the view is perfect now. Nice to have someone here in the states ( I assume) to be able to repair these now. Way to go Zeiss.

That's great to hear. My 8x42 HTs are still in pristine shape (as are all 4 pairs of Zeiss bins) but I've had good experience with them in getting longer eyecups for my 8x32 Conquest HDs and a replacement logo for the one that fell out of my 8x42 Terras on an outing.

My experience is that USA Zeiss CS is awesome! but not so much with CS at their HQ in Germany! When I contact Zeiss CS and filled out the form for them to address the flares issue with my SF 8x42, someone from their HQ repair services asked me to I sent my SF 8x42 to their HQ in Germany. Cost me around $75 to send it, about two months later, I received the binoculars back without addressing the issues. I brought the issue to Zeiss USA. They contacted the Technician who worked on my case and that tech guy said he examined the binoculars but did not see any flares as I described. Instead of noting it on the responses, he chose to ignore it!! Zeiss USA CS then went miles to address the issue. At the end, they chose to replace my binoculars with a latest branch new SF 8x42 and keep my version for further analysis and studying. I would give US Zeiss CS a 10 but a 5 for their Germany HQ Zeiss CS

Glad to here you had great Zeiss service - same here. All of my experiences with Zeiss CA have been exceptional. IME they are very customer focused - very satisfied with the quality of repairs, communication throughout the process, and they stand behind what they sell. Of the Big 3 (had repairs from each) Zeiss consistently provided me the best service.

I’ve been in contact with Zeiss USA about some things and everybody there has been amazing. Everett took time out of his day to chat with me and honestly it made me feel like a valued customer. I bought another pair of victory sf’s did to their amazing service!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back