• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binoculars ideas (1 Viewer)

None of the above is a significant improvement over your Fuji.
You want less heft, but also a 'tank like' build and more power. That can't be done with a binocular afaik.
The logical solution for you is a draw scope such as the Swaro CTC 75 (see: CTC 30x75 question? )
or something similar with 18-45 zoom from Zeiss (only twice your budget). There are lower price options from Optolyth and Meopta, with Meopta probably better quality, except they apparently have just decided to get out of sports optics.
Your fallback is the Canon 15x or 18x50 IS, the image stabilization allows for tripod like seeing without the hassle of a tripod. Again priced above your budget, but they really work very well. I have the 10x42, most capable birding glass that I know of, the IS transforms the viewing.
Thanks for the comments. I have been rather Idiotic here havent I ? I have already ordered the Zeiss 18-45x65 scope. Review coming when I receive it.

I've always like the look of that zeiss scope, fits in with the way i usually go birding, I use the ctc 30/75 and can't see myself parting with it. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts once the zeiss has arrived. For scanning i'm slightly sceptical due to its narrow fov but it might work just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back