• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Worcestershire (1 Viewer)

A friend and i located 4 nests from the new bridge to where Dowles entered the Severn last year if it is of any help - this was over half a dozen visits during the breeding season.

Good Birding -

Laurie :)

Hi ya mate.... I'm from Sheldon originally, a real Brummy & found my way over here 😳....so no reason why they can't be related to the Rea birds. The Drayton Dippers aren't the easiest to see, so you did well.
Have you seen the Wyre Forest Dippers? Like yours, they're really showy. I think there's 4/5 there.
All the best.
Ian
Yes thanks Ian visited there a few times to see the Dippers. Saw a Kingfisher a few years back as well.

I did indeed but i think it was a non-breeding Winter wanderer.

Might i add - you have a bloody good memory mate!

They still breed on the Lutley ‘Gutter’ afaik (betwixt Colley Gate n Halesowen) and i used to see them regularly by the Red Lion PH @ Wombourne. The most local to me are on the Stour between Wordsley Basin and the new fishing pools at Bells Mill - had a calling bird only a coupla weeks ago. There is a footbridge that crosses the river which is a good spot to look for feeding birds when the river is low and has Goosander in the Winter.

Good birding -

Laurie -
Thanks Laurie!
I'll check out Lutley sometime. Thanks!

I did indeed but i think it was a non-breeding Winter wanderer.

Might i add - you have a bloody good memory mate!

They still breed on the Lutley ‘Gutter’ afaik (betwixt Colley Gate n Halesowen) and i used to see them regularly by the Red Lion PH @ Wombourne. The most local to me are on the Stour between Wordsley Basin and the new fishing pools at Bells Mill - had a calling bird only a coupla weeks ago. There is a footbridge that crosses the river which is a good spot to look for feeding birds when the river is low and has Goosander in the Winter.

Good birding -

Laurie -
Hi Laurie,
Thanks again for the River Stour locations!
I checked 2 of them.
First a calling Kingfisher & then I saw it stop by a bridge.
Second location, a 2 tone calling Kingfisher probably to its mate at what looked like a good nest site.
Great!

A couple of photos taken last month by my Daughter in Eckington of the line-up;);)of Starlings ready for their murmuration over Gwen Finch Wetlands/John Bennett Reserves at Nafford.

A counters challenge?

RichardStarlings 1 trim.jpgStarlings 2 trim.jpgStarlings 3 trim.jpg

A good Saturday morning yesterday.
A Dipper at Belbroughton.
Then 2 chasing further along the Belne Brook. They went high up through trees. Then another Dipper from under a bridge.
A Kingfisher calling its mate on what looks like a fishing lake section.
I checked again this morning & saw 2 Dippers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back