• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BirdMApp (1 Viewer)

OrsonDeWitt

Aland Islands
Hey!

Before summer, I started working on an app that lets me track my progress and is a convenient way of accessing and categorizing all my bird photos in a neat and organized way. But I didn't stop there and ended up analyzing 1 billion bird observations from the past decade and adding tons of features to it. It was a great aid for my hobby and I decided to share it with the world.
It automatically analyzes all the tags in your photos (or csv file from ebird) and then maps all your bird observations, shows you stats, gives you overview of species distribution for 10000+ species (based on observation data), shows bird rarity and characteristics, etc.

Here's a Github link to read more about the features and how it works. You can download the app from there (Windows only), just click "Releases" on the right side and download latest release, or download directly from my website

I want it to be useful to people so let me know if you run into issues with it, or if you have any suggestions. And let me know what you think!

Orson

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back