• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird's nest. North Carolina, USA (1 Viewer)

spacepilot

A friend sent me the picture of a bird's nest in her yard. I tend to think they might be a Mourning Dove's nest, but I'm no nest expert. Anyone can id the bird from the nest? Thanks.

Ning

Attachments

• P4300872.jpg
    P4300872.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 90
On the basis of all the droppings, my guess would be House Finch. Definitely not a Mourning Dove nest (Mourning Dove nests tend to be simple flimsy affairs of sticks or straws without any kind of lining).

Where was the nest originally (I take it it's been moved from its original location)?

I showed her a picture of House Finch, and she said it looks very much as the birds that made the nest. It was probably a House Finch, then. Thanks a lot!

Ning

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back