• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds youve seen at work (5 Viewers)

I've put this on a few times but still happy with my South Wales Psychiatric Hospitals list, the best; Pallas's Warbler, Hoopoe, Whooper Swan, Black Redstart, Med Gull, Red Kite, Goosander, Hobby. I've also seen Waxwing, Little Egret, Green Sandpiper, Snipe and lapwing from an inland office window in Newport. The only water around was a small stream and the birds were seen during cold weather movements. However only 22 work days left then I retire.

It probably is not a fair comparison as I work in a Botanical Garden - so not a 'desk job' and by default the area attracts a good variety of birds. Some of nicer spring/autumn migrants that I've encountered here over last few years include - Yellow-browed Warbler, Red-breasted Flycatcher, Golden Oriole, Red-backed Shrike, two juv. Honey Buzzards digging up wasp nests, singing Blyth's Reed Warbler, Wryneck, Grey-headed Woodpecker, Greenish Warbler etc. Also one surprising Ural Owl had wandered there once during very harsh winter spell. Plus some local residents like Middle-spotted Woodpecker and summer visitors like Thrush Nightingales etc.
None of the birds (except YBW) are rarities over here though, so still hoping to find some 'MEGA' bird that could be lurking there in spring/autumn... :)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back