• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdwatching in Cappadocia, Turkey (1 Viewer)

had my first ever Olivr-tree Warblers in Goreme around the cave houses.

just wandering around those archaeological sites gave me some excellent birds

and the Iskender kebabs and efes pilsen in town were pretty decent too

Tim

Following from Ian's link, I'd also recommend a trip to Kulu Golu, one of the more workable wetland sites in Turkey and with lots of interest in spring. There are some other impressive marshlands in central Turkey such as Eregli and Sultan marshes but these are probably more difficult to cover.

Thanks a lot guys! I was more concerned about the weather in the end of April at the plateau area... Is it sill cold or may be there is even snow left in the highest mountain passes of the mountains... Otherwise may be it would be wise just to stick to the Mediterranean coast...

should be fine in the central plateau, if not rather warm!!!

the passes out the north east, eg the Black-cock site at Sivri Kaya could be a bit chilly though

south coast will be very nice indeed

Tim

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back