• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cambodia early March 2015 (1 Viewer)

Rgallardy

Hi all,

I'm interested in seeing if anyone else would like to join my wife and I on a 6 day tour with Sam Veasna in Cambodia. I usually don't do guided birding tours, but due to Cambodia's difficult logistics and the very reasonable price, I've decided to book a trip. Currently costs are $1400 per person for the six days, but if I get one more person the price drops to $1100. Well worth it for megas like Bengal Florican, White-shoulder/Gaint Ibis, White-winged Duck, and Slender-billed, White-rumped, and Red-headed Vultures! I will be doing self birding after the trip for Mekong Wagtail and Cambodian Tailorbird (or possibly just adding this to the tour if I an get more people and lower the cost).

My wife and I will also be birding Japan (mid Jan), Thailand (Feb), Chile (April), Bolivia (May), Peru (June), and Ecuador (July) if anyone is interested. All of these will be self guided budget birding trips. Japan, Thailand, and Chile I'm renting a car, but the others will be strictly backpacking. If you're interested, I can send a more detailed itinerary, but overall it's a pretty intense plan focusing on country and regional endemics.

Ross

Just a quick update. The are now 4 of us going on the trip. Dates are 5-10 March. If a fifth person joins, the cost will only be $980 per person. Pretty cheap for a long list of megas!

Sounds like a great trip! The timing is perfect for me (exactly when I'm looking to do a birding trip in the region), but I'm afraid the price isn't. Please update if it drops significantly!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back