• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 7d v2 firmware (1 Viewer)

Firmware update now also available on Canon UK / Europe website. Updated mine today with no problems.

Bob, if you are having problems have you tried re-downloading the update file? - something might have corrupted. Also worth checking the FIR file size, using Windows file properties, to confirm the file is OK. The file size should be 17,462, 140 bytes. I take it that you have the FIR file in the root directory of a card freshly formatted by the camera?

Scrapper
Just tried it again with a brand new CF card and it has now downloaded firmware onto camera,mind you all settings on camera have gone back to default i have noticed,had to reset time date etc too.

Thanks

Bob

Glad to know you have had success. I also had to reset date and time (and "daylight saving time"). Thanks for the "heads up" about the other settings reverting to their defaults - I'll check mine.

Glad to know you have had success. I also had to reset date and time (and "daylight saving time"). Thanks for the "heads up" about the other settings reverting to their defaults - I'll check mine.

Scrapper
Just checked all my settings and seems that it was only the time date etc that needed resetting,i just looked in Menu Settings and noticed that the time date had gone but this must have done so because this function needed resetting,all of my other settings still fine.
Sorry about jumping the gun on that one.

bob

Yep..... checked mine and all OK.

By the way, if you had any lenses registered in the camera for automatic correction (other than the default Canon selection) then these will need to be re-registered using EOS Utility. Version 2 firmware notes recommend downloading the latest versions of EOS Utility and DPP from the Canon website to maintain full support for the Version 2 firmware.

Enjoy your "new" 7D

Firmware update now also available on Canon UK / Europe website. Updated mine today with no problems.

Bob, if you are having problems have you tried re-downloading the update file? - something might have corrupted. Also worth checking the FIR file size, using Windows file properties, to confirm the file is OK. The file size should be 17,462, 140 bytes. I take it that you have the FIR file in the root directory of a card freshly formatted by the camera?

Windows version is here: http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/System/Search.aspx?TcmUri=tcm:14-956383

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back