• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CATCHBIRD - new Ghostly Quiz (1 Viewer)

Anyway, attached are the scores so far. Everyone is doing very well.

Answers explained:

1. Core-moor-ant = Cormorant
2. Arctic red pole = Arctic Redpoll
3. Mandarin
4. Wood sand-piper (Bilie Piper was the person)
5. Lapland bunting
6. Redhead
7. Caper-kale-Lee (Evans) = Capercaillie, or correctly spelt by Delia Capercailzie
8. Star-ling
9. Hen harrier

GV

Attachments

• scores catchbird.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Here are no.s 10-12. Delia has already got one correct, as she is a moderator and is obviously psychic!

GV

Attachments

• catchbird10.jpg
    catchbird10.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 119
  • catchbird11.jpg
    catchbird11.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 134
  • catchbird12.jpg
    catchbird12.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Ghostly Vision said:
Here are no.s 10-12. Delia has already got one correct, as she is a moderator and is obviously psychic!

GV

2 out of 3 from the thumbnails B :) Oh! to see the last one this spring....

DJ

Hi Seamus,
You had to reveal the answers for Nos. 7-9 before I had a chance to see them, didn't you...? :(
Harry
P.S. If I have no 12 right, why the need for that bloke's pic (whoever he may be)? Seems superfluous to the rest of the name....

Ah, Harry - didn't think that not everyone had put in answers when revealed them. D'oh.

Well, to me the guy's face is essential for the whole name to work, unless you can correct me in a PM? I would never have known who he was!!!

Seamus

Anyone up for 13-15?

Good luck

GV

I have only three more of these then I'll give the scores.

If anyone else wants to have a go at putting some together, I'd enjoy a go myself.

Attachments

• catchbird 13.jpg
    catchbird 13.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 114
  • catchbird14.jpg
    catchbird14.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 82
  • catchbird15.jpg
    catchbird15.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 98
Harry Hussey said:
If I have no 12 right, why the need for that bloke's pic (whoever he may be)? Seems superfluous to the rest of the name....

He (whoever he is) turns a noun into an adjective...

Ghostly Vision said:
If anyone else wants to have a go at putting some together, I'd enjoy a go myself.

Here are a couple.

The second is ridiculously easy, these are just testers.
The first requires some creative thinking! (anyone whos seen the QI episode on TV with Rory McGrath might be able to get it)

Attachments

• things1.bmp
    298.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Bill.jpg
    Bill.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 70
Sean, do you want people to PM you with answers so everyone can have a go? (Not that I have the first clue what they are yet).

Reference the latest pics, 13 is as expected proving difficult, but more people have got it correct than no. 15 at the moment.

Remember, if it doesn't sound quite right - it isn't.

Remember too, there is usually a reason for every picture, quite specifically in the case of 15.

Luckily there's only one more difficult one to go before I sign off.....

GV

Okay, please don't pm me, cos my inbox won't stand it... answers here on Monday. Two are (I reckon) dead straightforward. The first is maybe a little more oblique.

ce

Attachments

• Catchbird.jpg
    Catchbird.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Catchbird2.jpg
    Catchbird2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Catchbird3.jpg
    Catchbird3.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 104
Nice and easy CE

Tilljoke
Blackberrycatfish
Rockgroupsh1t

Three points?

Ain't these hard when you don't know the answer? Seriously I only have the "turd" one, not a clue on the first two.

GV

CornishExile said:
Okay, please don't pm me, cos my inbox won't stand it... answers here on Monday. Two are (I reckon) dead straightforward. The first is maybe a little more oblique.

ce
Got the second two and if the first one is what I think it is then "oblique" hardly covers it!

Phil

Ghostly Vision said:
Watch him CE, he's good at this, though he has been stumped on one of mine.....

GV

Well, I've gotta be good at something, notice my absence from most of the ID threads. Especially the ones about these new-fangled gulls that have been invented in the last few years!
Phil

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back