• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Confused which camera body with 500PF (1 Viewer)

i went 500mmpf and 300mm pf with z7 and to be honest recentley ive been using my canon 1dx more i was going to get the z9 but have put it on hold and when i seen the build quality of the r5 i thought lets see in 10 years time will it hold up both 500mm pf and 300mm pf are superb

Hello. I have been dreaming for the last two years about getting a new camera body to go with the Nikkor 500 f5.6 PF. I have been using it on a D500, but often find the field of view a bit narrow and thought maybe an FX model would suit it better. I admit, I am bit of a Goldilocks, because I often enjoy any of the Nikon bodies I've had, but I've bumbled around trying to find something "just-right". I regret I sold my D800 body a couple of years ago and have wanted to replace it. Of Course, the D850 seems the most obvious choice, but it is 4 years old now, and I have more choices. One day I think D850, then the next I think Z6ii or Z7ii. I can't decide. I don't want to get a D850 now in case they announce a D880 next week. Oh, dear. I also was a little bothered by big files with the D800, so I'm wondering whether the Z6ii might be just right. I will keep my D500 paired with a naked Nikkor 300 f4 PF and hang it over my shoulder for close fleeting bird encounters. I'm thinking the Z6ii might be better than the D850, or Z7ii on dull winter days with the 500PF. I hope everybody isn't as confused as I am now...If you have advice, I'd be happy to hear it, please.
It's a no-brainer really It's sharpness deserves the magnificent 45.7mp D850 (finances allowing of course 😂) I picked up a 20,000 shutter minter off Ebay for £1,400 a few months ago

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back