• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eden XP 10x56 vs Vortex Vulture HD 10x56 (1 Viewer)

J. Vreeman

I want to buy a binocular for watching the migration of birds. Because they usually fly in poor light conditions and far away, my first thought was to buy the Eden, but someone told me that the Vortex was better. Can anybody on this forum give me advice or can tell me where I can find a review? I found a review of the Vortex 8x56 on Albinos, but not of the Vortex 10x56 or the Eden.

Greetings

Hi,

I wrote something about the Edens after I'd had them for a week or so in the Equipment Review section.
http://www.birdforum.net/reviews/showproduct.php/product/369/cat/9/limit/recent/date/1067107700

They don't get nearly as much use as my smaller, lighter pairs but for low light it still amazes me how much brighter and revealing of detail it is compared to my regular lower powered 5mm EP pair. I've not compared it to the Vulture HD or the Hawke Prostalk ED which have had a few mentions here.

I know a couple of people here have ordered other Edens to try and been happy with their return arrangements.

David

Thank you David for your answer!

Hopefully there is someone with experience with both the Vortex and the Eden, but your review is also helpful.

Greetings Joachim

I absolutely love my Eden 8x56s, they are bulletproof! Seriously, I just had my entire 8th grade class using them to look at birds in Berlin.

I haven't tried the 10 power binos yet, I'm not a 10 power fan. But the only difference between the 8x and 10x will be the objectives. The view is awesome, and they are so easy to use. I have thick glasses, but I get a clear view from edge to edge. They aren't as bright as my Zen-Rays, and aren't quite as 'sharp' however, the overall view is my favorite. I just love using them, all the time, and they go with me everywhere. Seriously, they do not stay at home.

I've used the Edens in rain, snow, forests, grass, in the dirt, with the kids, in the sun, night time, day time, looking at planets, looking at nebulae, etc. I have used them 20x as much as my Zen Rays, and they have held up 100% better. I have no qualms about recommending the Edens.

Most of these binos are made in a few different factories in China anyway. So pick your clone, however, Eden has really great binos and their customer service rocks. Plus, you can get some great cutlery from them too, LOL!

So, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Edens. I hope someone else can fill you in on the other pair. But I don't think anyone would be disappointed in the 56mm Eden binoculars.

Oetzi,

Both xbted and myself tried the x42 and x56 versions of the Eden XP. In his case the 8x and myself the 10x. We both preferred the x56 version. In my case at least because it was usefully sharper and had a much wider sweet spot.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back