• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ello! (1 Viewer)

Ello peopole, New to the site and want to introduce myself to the comunity.
I live is sunny Southern California and I am not English but sometimes I write with an accent just because I blooody well like to.
I live in the heart of the city whre I have one acre of country that I try hard to keep bird friendly. I currently have a Hen pheasant that has found the accomidations to her liking and has decided to stay as long as the room service continues.
I have an owl living in the base of my palm tree but we have yet to meet as I believe we keep opposite hours but she (or he) has said hello several times but has not come to the door. In fact I haven't found the door yet so that is problematic (for me, not for the owl).
I have yet to name the owl but the pheasant has been named Hennrietta. I know it is against the rules to have a pet on the site but I assure you she is quite wild although she is getting at least more used to us than 10 months ago.

We also have what apears to be a mated pair of Striped? Hawks. The name of the breed may not be accurate but I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment. The big one is named Egor the Eagle (I didn;t name this one soooooo.....)

And last but not least we have a flock of mexican parrots that entertain us riotously and regularly. Far too many to name so we just wave at each other and leave it at that.

Anyhooo, glad to find the site and hope to share some of your experiences and stories.

My name is Ed, and I am an estimator so it's Edstimator1
Yeah, I know!! Pretty clever!!
All righty then so I will check you guys out and post when I have something to add so until then..........ganite mate

Hi Ed and a warm welcome to you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I'll look forward to reading about what you see when out and about.

D

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots of interest here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back