• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Instagram problem (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I'm almost at the point of giving up posting on Instagram, what with one thing and another, but tonight is just about the final straw.

Got a picture ready to post and find I can't access the "add picture" button. The only one I can see a bit of is to open "my Messages", as shown on the attached image. I've tried Firefox and Edge, PaleMoon won't even let me get to the site, says there's a problem.

Is it just me?

BF Instagram problem.jpg

Instagram is a strange thing. Its user interface is perverse, unintuitive and irrational to the extent that it could only be justified if its prime purpose was to throw adverts at you - which it does seem to be. However... I don't have your problem, Delia, which does look like some sort of browser incompatibility. (For my sins) I use it via the phone app - tried that? - it's still rubbish but at least its not buggy. And... I add photos by starting off at the photo and sharing to Instagram - which usually seems neater/more intuitive than opening Instagram and then browsing to a photo.

Last edited:
Thanks Butty... no I don't use a phone app... I hate the small phone screen and on screen keyboards. Anyway the picture is on my computer... and I always mess up if I try to get a pic from the phone to 'puter or vice versa. I wondered if it was the browser, which was why I tried Ms Edge, but the screen is exactly the same.

There doesn't seem to be alternative method of adding a picture without using that plus button.

I add photos by starting off at the photo and sharing to Instagram
How do you do that?

I think it's time I hit the sack LOL

Seems there is a PC app, of which I have no experience:
How do you [share a photo to Instagram]?
Straightforward on a phone: long-press on just about anything (in this case, a photo in your gallery or wherever) and options will pop up to share it to various destinations, depending on what apps you have installed.
Similarly on a PC by right-clicking on things - and if you've installed the PC Instagram app as above, you could presumably share direct to that.

OK thanks I'll look into it. It's still the same this morning.

I'll have a look at Playstore later, as may be going out birding shortly,

Huh!!! Thought I'd take a quick look in Playstore and downloaded the app.

BF Instagram problem.jpg

Exactly the same problem!

Same if you run it full-screen?
With the app installed though you should now (I guess) be able to share a photo to it, as I described??

Thanks Butty.... I never did work out how to do a "Share"! Right clicking on a picture on my 'puter only really gave me Share with Skype!

However, when I got back into the app on my computer, I suddenly found myself looking at a menu on the LHS, which included the Create button.

So I've managed now, at last, to download my picture.

What a mess Instagram is. I'm really not impressed with it at all.

So after all that, I find that the tools are now on the LHS of the website!! Why did we have to go two days before they come up with that solution?

Another thing.... every week at least one of my pictures fails to 'share' to the ones I link to. It's so frustrating spending all that time with the clunky system trying to provide the links only for them to be ignored. What's even more frustrating is that I checked two of the links and the pictures were there, went back 5 minutes later and they've gone!

Thanks Butty.... I never did work out how to do a "Share"! Right clicking on a picture on my 'puter only really gave me Share with Skype!

However, when I got back into the app on my computer, I suddenly found myself looking at a menu on the LHS, which included the Create button.

So I've managed now, at last, to download my picture.

What a mess Instagram is. I'm really not impressed with it at all.
I've stopped using Instagram altogether, I find it awful 😖

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back