• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Customer Service 10 out of 10 (1 Viewer)

Mick Sway

United Kingdom
Re Vortex Viper 10 x 42 binocular , Customer service.
A big word of praise for Vortex in living up to their lifetime guarantee.
Having damaged a strap eyelet on a pair of Viper 10 x 42's while on holiday , I returned them on Thursday and
received a replacement pair this morning (11/06/22), on account of the difficulty of the nature of attempting to repair them.
10 out of 10 for communication ( originally with the US Customer services ,then the UK agent) , speed of turn around
and satisfactory resolution of the problem.

Re Vortex Viper 10 x 42 binocular , Customer service.
A big word of praise for Vortex in living up to their lifetime guarantee.
Very old thread with no replies, but I wonder if you could tell me how to contact them for some repair work on a 10x42 Viper HD I just bought.

I wonder if you could tell me how to contact them for some repair work on a 10x42 Viper HD I just bought.
A long time ago I bought a Vortex Solo from a webshop in the Netherlands. At one point the eyecup came off and the focus ring was very stiff. I contacted the webshop, was able to send it for free to the webshop that handled it further with Vortex. Within a week I got the Solo back, like new.

A long time ago I bought a Vortex Solo from a webshop in the Netherlands. At one point the eyecup came off and the focus ring was very stiff. I contacted the webshop, was able to send it for free to the webshop that handled it further with Vortex. Within a week I got the Solo back, like new.
It’s an eyecup issue on mine as well and I’ll be trying to get it in its way to them later today.

It’s an eyecup issue on mine as well and I’ll be trying to get it in its way to them later today.
Hi there.
This is the original contact that I wrote to in the US

Sarah Deckert (Support) <[email protected]>​

I don't know whether Ms Deckert is still active with the company.
She then put me onto the UK agent, who dealt with the matter.
Hope that this helps.

Vortex repaired my almost new DB 10x42 eyecup (jammed) and had it back to me in about 10 days. Very pleasant people on the phone.
My broken eyecup was taken care of quickly too, and they even sent me new covers when it was returned. Very easy process from start to finish.

Just chiming in on a good interaction and service by Vortex's international warranty rep based in the UK (Eddie @ Country Sports Wholesale - [email protected]). Every email from him was friendly and helpful.

Had a loose centre hinge on Diamondback HD and some surface corrosion due to exposure to sea water. They tightened up the hinge to spec, and cleaned off the corrosion.

Binos were sent back in an extra black carrying case (from the earlier models w/o GlassPak harness)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230711_172843_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230711_172843_Gmail.jpg
    825.8 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back