• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Falcon and cuckoo Zhejiang China (1 Viewer)

Dawsy

These photos were taken yesterday in woodland near the shore of the Qiantang River estuary in Zhejiang China. The cuckoo I don't hold out much hope for but thought I'd post it in case anyone spots something identifiable in it. It seemed small in the field but lone birds and all that...
The falcon I'd taken as being one of the many hobbies in the area but now, looking at the photos, this one looks more like an Amur falcon with the short streaks on the breast, short moustache and hint of pale back colouring. Is this an Amur?

Michael

Attachments

• Cuckoo jianshan_230923_070752.jpg
    Cuckoo jianshan_230923_070752.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Cuckoo jianshan_230923_070741.jpg
    Cuckoo jianshan_230923_070741.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Falcon Jianshan_230923_074055.jpg
    Falcon Jianshan_230923_074055.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
These photos were taken yesterday in woodland near the shore of the Qiantang River estuary in Zhejiang China. The cuckoo I don't hold out much hope for but thought I'd post it in case anyone spots something identifiable in it. It seemed small in the field but lone birds and all that...
The falcon I'd taken as being one of the many hobbies in the area but now, looking at the photos, this one looks more like an Amur falcon with the short streaks on the breast, short moustache and hint of pale back colouring. Is this an Amur?

Michael
1. Lesser Cuckoo
2. Yes, Amur

Grahame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back