• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Field work ... hard work! (3 Viewers)

Hi Ody! You too, Nick & Lou.

So good to see this still going strong. I've been watching in over the past few days and the Spot Fly really had me baffled too.

No other yet then Ody??

Sue

oooh what gentlemen indeed! Thanks a lot lads.

It looks a lot to me like a black-headed Gull, juvenile?

Thanks all, especially you, Ody.

Sue

Better not get it wrong now, or I'll look like a right plonker!

Grey Plover.

Leave that to me, Sean, I can manage that in one easy swoop!! :egghead:

I obviously didn't look deep enough cause you're quite right, especially with that head, bill.....and everything else!

Ummmm ah.....I'll definitely go with Sean and Grey Plover, Ody...then crawl away!

Sue

Last edited:
The pattern on the flight feathers look exactly like a Peregrine. But the lack of bars on the coverts steers me against that. But I can't think what it could be.

I'll very unconvincingly go for Yellow-legged Gull.

i think you should stick to your gut's tri-counties-sean. if the wingpattern is of a peregrine, the attached bird probably is one? the unbarred pale coverts are really odd i must admit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back