• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (2 Viewers)

Just all of it b***dy ace! I'm stuck for words tim and I hate it when I can't articulate
what I want to say but sometimes words fail to deliever the right thing.
Wonderful work!!

You really have shelduck totally nailed. Blackbird too. Oh sod it...it's all nailed whatever the species. Lively, easy, accurate, ace!

I hope your new conservatory has some great views too.

Mike

Only had time for a couple of drawings today - have been 'doing' a green hairstreak on gorse - hmmm. Chicken soup and sketchbook for lunch.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 2,741
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Gh.jpg
    Gh.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Tim you have been busy and what a great recent series of work! The sketches, as always, are incredible and inspiring. The color piece of the ducks really gives a sense of the wind. I could feel it - great stuff!!

Tim, these are fabulous!
They could be used to create a new thread with a possible title:
"How to draw birds from various angles in nature"!
Not everyone is able to do it with such confidence, but only Genre masters like you!

Paschalis

Anybody sick of shelduck yet?

I just love 'em. They do so much and behave perfectly for the would-be artist. Here a few from today and a couple of oiks etc from 2 days ago.

Attachments

• sheldRing.jpg
    sheldRing.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 86
  • sk1.jpg
    sk1.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 82
  • sk2.jpg
    sk2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 84
  • sk3.jpg
    sk3.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 88
  • sk4.jpg
    sk4.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 91
Can't get sick of shelducks, leastways not the when they're drawn with your immeasurable skill. But I'll have to ask you not to draw any more lappys or oiks.....
I can't take the competition! ;)B :)

Mike

Got here too late as Mike's already said what I was going to say! The time you've obviously spent with these birds shows through clearly in these sketches - the distinctive shape they have is rendered with no messing - straight in onto the right lines - wonderful!

Tim fantastic as usual, I've checked out your Blog and I'm impressed. Looks
great I will check in as much as possible . Looking forward to how it developes
all the best Andy

Can't get sick of shelducks, leastways not the when they're drawn with your immeasurable skill. But I'll have to ask you not to draw any more lappys or oiks.....
I can't take the competition! ;)B :)

Mike

I Agree, Leave the Eider alone too!;)

Outstanding, the male is a delight....

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back