• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden / Yard List 2015 (1 Viewer)

Two ducks came past quickly before I could id them, but fortunately returned for a low double pass. They turned out to be a pair of

73: Goodsander

Two ducks came past quickly before I could id them, but fortunately returned for a low double pass. They turned out to be a pair of

73: Goodsander

Only ever had one of those H in 32 years, however I've had several of these over the years, and at 5.15pm against a bright night sky no.79...Woodcock.

Probably not surprising given the location, but then I don't often watch at dusk, but this year am pulling out all stops to.....add one more if I can.

Apart from a rare :eek!: Bullfinch might be my only chance...fingers x'd.

Nothing to report from my yard. But I just look back previous years whitch would be still possible:

- Mute Swan (I thought I have seen this but no. Few hangin on at local wetland.)
- Goldeneye
- Long-tailed Tit
- Treecreeper
- Rook (Have seen once in a garden, so I don't hold on my breath...)
- Raven (I am pretty sure I heard Raven calling two times yesterday, but it was so distant, that I can't be 100 % sure)
- Brambling (Most of these are gone allready)
- Siskin
- Redpoll (I hope that they become south this winter.)
- Arctic Redpoll
- Hawfinch (quite rare here)

And ofcourse all new ones are very welcome too.

One to add to my list

Number 44, 1 White stork seen flying over my garden yesterday .

Been having very warm sunny days here, unusual for november!

One to add to my list

Number 44, 1 White stork seen flying over my garden yesterday .

Been having very warm sunny days here, unusual for november!

Very mild here too Brenda!....Quality bird there!..certainly worth ''Storking'' about. :-O

For me this am..just like London Buses, wait ages then two come along at once. ;)

Attachments

• P1180070 (2) 2 Grdn. Frcrsts..jpg
    P1180070 (2) 2 Grdn. Frcrsts..jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 45
Three Chaffinch here today . Cant remember ever seeing Chaffinch at this time of year , usually arrive lots together very end December or beginning Janaury.
Earlier thought they were bramblings but on seeing them very much closer realised I had made a mistake.

Last edited:
Another Goosander today - but still no sign of dusk Woodcock

You couldn't send that down South H....could you? As it might be the ''Anser'' to my prayers. ;)

PS...I've just discovered to my shock horror!...that I've already seen Bullfinch. :eek!:

87 - Short-eared Owl
88 - Lesser Redpoll
89 - Swift
90 - Buzzard
91 - Goldcrest
92 - Golden Plover
93 - Yellow-browed Warbler
94 - Reed Bunting
95 - Teal
96 - Stonechat

Still a bit to go to reach my target of 100.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back