• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grouse? osprey? or anything else to see (1 Viewer)

Owene

Wales
I'm hoping to visit the lake district for two days in Mid/late june for butterflies

I'm not really sure how long that will take and there is obviously the very real possibility of large parts of the visit having weather unsuitable for butterflies.

I was thinking of visiting the Osprey watchpoint/red squirrel site. Does that still run?

Also is there anywhere fairly easy for Black or Red Grouse. preferably fairly near the car. Otherwise I could visit World's End on the way home I guess.

It's entirely possible that my time will get detoured by something twitchable along the M6 of course but I'd like to have an idea of some places to visit while i'm up there. I don't mind driving a bit between sites.

Also any possible sites for Otter? I've seen them before in Kendal town centre but that was a fluke.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back