• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawke or Opticron???? (1 Viewer)

I have had every derivitive of the Frontier ED's and I keep coming back to the 10 x 43. They have the extra reach that I appreciate when on estuaries or hills. It might be worth asking the e-bayer if he has the receipt? I have sold four pair of Hawke's and passed on the warranty by issuing the original receipt.

Well,
After much deliberation, I ended up with a pair of Bins.
I plumped for a pair of Bushnell Legend elite HD 10x42's.

I got an ex demo pair within my price range, and they came today and they are in superb condition.

Thanks for all your help peeps.

Regards
Neil

Good for you, hope you like them. I picked up another pair of Hawke Frontiers today and again they deliver quality that belies their price.

I'll ask here.
Looking for my first bins.
Choosing between Opticron Oregon LE WP RP 8x32, Hawke
Endurance CF 10x32 and Frontier Phase Corrected 10x32. They all have the same price - 80 GBP shipped. Wanna know, is they worth that money and which one will be better?

Dimon,

I'm afraid that I haven't given those models much attention. A couple of points that that you should consider though. The Oregon doesn't seem to be phase coated so will have relatively poor low light performance. The Frontier PC is phase coated. It looks like the Endurance is available with and without. The 10x32 will have a 3.2mm EP and an 8x32 4mm. Doesn't sound a lot of difference but the 8x would be about 50% brighter in low light. I'd suggest the Frontier PC 8x32 sounds like it might be the best bet on paper at least.

Good luck,

David

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back