• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How do you carry your binoculars? (2 Viewers)

How do you carry your binoculars

• Total voters
I have some fieldwork experience (roughly, latitudinally from the Arctic circle to East Antarctica, and Longitudinally from US to Australia). Yes, I have scratched both bin and camera glasses. I have actually smash an Swarovski glass that had to be replaced, a pair of zeiss Jena that are now just part of decoration, and a couple of cameras that ended up in the bin. I also broke a swaro STS80HD on fieldwork in Heard and Mcdonald island.
Shit happens, it is a matter how much you use a thing, how intense, and of course, bad luck.
Wow, that's amazing. I've never even scratched a pair. Worked in dense PNW US forests to Eastern Sierra dry lake beds to scrub steppe and more. I have done a number to rubber armor on my Swarovski SLCs though. That sage brush is brutal on stuff. Though I did once break a pair of Nikons that might have been left on the roof of my car. :rolleyes:

I've never even scratched a pair. Worked in dense PNW US forests to Eastern Sierra dry lake beds to scrub steppe and more.
There’s more to potential damages than just what one does, as opposed to how, and some of us are able to work in harsh environments without destroying our gear.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back