• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID confirmation, South Lapland, Finland (1 Viewer)

Xurek

Och aye!
Hi Everyone,

Just want to double check this is a Sedge Warbler. Seen at the end of September near to Rovaniemi in South Lapland, first time birding abroad is putting doubts in my mind all the time.

Thank for your time

Attachments

• 523247_4296455702628_205859317_n.jpg
    523247_4296455702628_205859317_n.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 228
Thanks guys, always like to make sure if I can!

@rosbifs - trip is going well thank you, very busy with university work and bicycle makes it quite hard to get around outside the city but I've seen some very nice birds at very close distances some personal highlights are:

Nutcrackers only a couple metres away
Bluethroats
So many Waxwings everywhere
Northern Long-tailed Tits
Just this morning 5 Pine Grosbeaks including a stunning male.
Hazel Grouse just outside the city
Siberian Jay on several occasions, with on one occasion 6 coming down to steal crumbs of bread around the fire at lunchtime.

Still searching for that Siberian Tit though! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back