• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

injured(?) bird in Westchester NY (1 Viewer)

pauld2022

United States
The sparrow caught my attention because its movement seemed unusual, somewhat hunched over and was moving slowly. When its back was turned its tail feathers seemed unusually exposed to my eye. (there is a a/b photo with a typical sparrow) Normally I only put bird feed in a feeder but he was pecking at the ground so I opened the door I tossed some birdseed near him/her. The other thing that's unusual is that normally the second I open the door the average sparrow would takeoff and this one never did So this question is less about a species but I'm just curious if this is an injured bird or has some kind of disability? It seems to want to stick around by my backdoor. Thanks.
7115 injured sparrow?.png7116 injured sparrow?.png7118 injured sparrow?.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back