• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Thread (3 Viewers)

Another typically awesome contribution Paschalis - the leopard shows superb ability and highlights your incredible powers of observation and interpretation of the scene. What to say about the illustrations? I think Colleen's reference to Rambrandt is just about as apt as any analogy - superb work!

Stunning array of work Pascallis, quite amazing. The snow leopard is breathtaking. Your black and whites are stunning too, the Woodchat Shrike being a favourite of mine. The lizards are also quite superb, as is the lot of it in fact!

Pascallis, I have looked at each of these and the detail is amazing. They are simply wonderful!
I got to thinking that sometimes it is easy to spend a fortune on expensive materials and yet this stunning work was done with a biro! Wow...
I shall have to go and take a look at your blog now :)

Thank you so much all of you!
Actually I didn't expect such a reaction, because I'm used to use a Bic pen for years, a
beloved and cheap medium Chrissy!
Colleen and Tim, your referense to Rembrandt it's more than flattering to me but I do still believe that I have a long way to go to reach such a master level if I ever do!
Thanks a lot anyway!
Attached the fieldsketch where the Woodchat' illu was based on, for you Alan...

Grateful to all of you...

Paschalis

Attachments

• img625.jpg
    img625.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
superb all of it - a bic pen is definitely underrated - it's the only thing I can use to do black and white in ink, yet nowhere near to this standard!

Well nearly a year since actually posting anything. Having been on a wet holiday I thought I'd have another go at watercolour, after the inspirational video on one of the other threads.

Did these without a drawing just to see if I could do it. Sadly not from field sketches but made up some sketches from photos then went for it.

Attachments

• beardie_wc.jpg
    beardie_wc.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 57
New Paintings

Here is a grouping of recent paintings. I'm still working on the elk a bit - it's a bigger one at 30x20...

Attachments

• Avocets 4x4.JPG
    Avocets 4x4.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Fox Sparrow 5x7.JPG
    Fox Sparrow 5x7.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Moonlit Shores 4x4.JPG
    Moonlit Shores 4x4.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Northern Shovelers 4x4.JPG
    Northern Shovelers 4x4.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 49
  • First Light Bull Elk 30x20.JPG
    First Light Bull Elk 30x20.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 51
A few more...

and a few more... the eagle was reworked a bit from an older painting. I loved poking around here since it's been a while. As always, it's inspiring!!! Paschalis.... oh my!!!!!! Fantastic work!!! I'm a huge fan!!!!

Attachments

• Federal_09sign.JPG
    Federal_09sign.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Backwater Bounty 1.JPG
    Backwater Bounty 1.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Last Light 5x5.JPG
    Last Light 5x5.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Eagle in Flight 7x5a.JPG
    Eagle in Flight 7x5a.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 54
Beautfiul realism....just masterful, was going to say the ducks are worthy of the Federal stamp entries , but noting the label, maybe they are

Hi Peter: Great work! I particularly like the group of Woodies. Nice to cross paths with you again. Haven't done so since we met at the Spokane Art Show.
Sid

All terrific, light and atmosphere filled work Peter, as is absolutely to be expected from you. A big shout for the elk and the American avocets though, they are the outstanding works for me.

Always a pleasure to see some more work of yours on here.

Mike

As above - all are terrific pieces with the wood duck group being particularly appealin (you know how much I appreciate your more 'naturalistic' paintings) and the elk looks stunning already. Well done on the Fed Stamp achievement too.

Here are three 4"x4" wigeon studies done as daily paintings. There are going to be four, but I didn't like the last one so I am starting over. Back to the drawing board as they say...

Attachments

• Wigeon Study 3 4x4.JPG
    Wigeon Study 3 4x4.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Wigeon Study 2 4x4.JPG
    Wigeon Study 2 4x4.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Wigeon Study 1 4x4.JPG
    Wigeon Study 1 4x4.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 45
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back