• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Thread (2 Viewers)

Fabulous work as usual Peter - the mallard will be a cracker when finished (it's not half-bad as it is ;) ) and this sparrow is a little gem.

Thanks! Here's a couple more tiny ones...
Unfortunately, the camera has changed the true colors and even some of the value changes in the water in the harlequin duck painting, but it still gives the idea nonetheless.

Attachments

• Harlequin 4x4.JPG
    Harlequin 4x4.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Coast Guard 5x5.JPG
    Coast Guard 5x5.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 57
Great pieces, Peter. The Harlequin struck a particular chord as I had just seen one last Thursday in Yellowstone National Park--a single male swimming just below LeHardy Rapids where Harlequins have frequently nested.

Sid

The mallard is finished.... the water went through a few revisions and although the changes may not look like much they took a while...

Attachments

• Backwater Mallard.JPG
    Backwater Mallard.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 41
Thanks! Here are some more... Now that the kids are back in school, I am working on doing some more of the 'daily paintings'. These are three of those - the largest ones are the bear and the pintails at 5"x5" and the cardinal is 4"x4"

Attachments

• Pintails 5x5.JPG
    Pintails 5x5.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 45
  • First Snow 5x5.JPG
    First Snow 5x5.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Desert Cardinal.JPG
    Desert Cardinal.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 39
Thanks! Here's a couple more... a 5"x5" of some sanderings I saw a couple of weeks ago and a black-capped chickadee - a common sight around here.

On another note, I've been getting frustrated with the way my camera reads the colors in my work so I've tried doing subtle tweeks in a photo program. Of coarse, how that translates from my monitor to your monitor is anyone's guess. If anyone has any photography pointers without buying all of the fancy lights, etc. let me know. I've tried high overcast skies to bright sunshine to polarizing filters. Only occasionally does the camera read it exactly right... perhaps I'm just being too picky

Attachments

• Sanderlings 5x5.JPG
    Sanderlings 5x5.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 53
  • black capped chickadee 5x7.JPG
    black capped chickadee 5x7.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 42
Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

Gonna have to go on a holiday to consider how BRILLIANT these are!

Thanks for showing us these wonders!

BRILLIANCE!!!

what beautiful paintings! am i reading correctly...these are daily paintings.hats off to you if you can create such little gems in a day.i love the pintails and sanderling pieces

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back