• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manfrotto 128RC (1 Viewer)

The plates for the 128RC do not mount securely to most scopes and end up producing a wobbly set up. I'd try to determine whether your problem is due to user error, or due to defective or worn elements. If there's an issue with the head, I'd buy a replacement 128RC, if the scope foot is worn, I'd send it in for replacement.

If you cannot force the scope off the head after securely attaching it the problem was most likely user error.
Bill
Very succinctly answered thanks.

I will definitely have a look at those tabs and colour them
My previous 128 head did not have the tabs and when I replaced it with new one I did not realise the tabs were there. I connected the scope just like I did with the original head and then the scope hit the ground. The problem was that one side of the scope foot could sit on top of one of the tabs resulting in it not being locked on. To help guide the scope foot into the head I sanded the tabs back to the metal making it easier to guide the black foot into the correct position. I contacted Manfrotto about this issue but they did not respond.

Thanks Gareth
My previous 128 head did not have the tabs and when I replaced it with new one I did not realise the tabs were there. I connected the scope just like I did with the original head and then the scope hit the ground. The problem was that one side of the scope foot could sit on top of one of the tabs resulting in it not being locked on. To help guide the scope foot into the head I sanded the tabs back to the metal making it easier to guide the black foot into the correct position. I contacted Manfrotto about this issue but they did not respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back