• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Marian’s Butterflies Photographic list for 2011 (2 Viewers)

And here you have two typical June Butterfly in my area. They always appear at the same time and become the most numerous species durig the month. And this season was not expection, plenty of them around and the moment:

43. Meadow Brown (Maniola jurtina)
44. Marbled White (Melanargia galathea)

Still a few more to come from June but I still couldn't go through the pics... just hope it doesn't take me so long to do it this time! ;)

Cheers everybody!!! B :)

Attachments

• IMG_5836_Meadow Brown_June2011.jpg
    IMG_5836_Meadow Brown_June2011.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3838_Marbled White_June2011.jpg
    IMG_3838_Marbled White_June2011.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 38
Hi there, Cristian!!! :hi:

Thank you for appearing so fast here!!! ;) I'm sorry I didn't have a look to your thread in many days, just had no time to come to this section of BF... but I'll check as soon as I can, now I must rush to work!

Cheers!!! B :)

They all look so gorgeous Marian ... difficult to pick one over the others ... and kudos for identifying all ... such a wonderful sharing ...

Two more lovely butterflies there Marian. My favourite is the Marbled White I think. They're just so smart.

D

And here you have two typical June Butterfly in my area. They always appear at the same time and become the most numerous species durig the month. And this season was not expection, plenty of them around and the moment:

43. Meadow Brown (Maniola jurtina)
44. Marbled White (Melanargia galathea)

Still a few more to come from June but I still couldn't go through the pics... just hope it doesn't take me so long to do it this time! ;)

Cheers everybody!!! B :)

Again Marian excellent photos and beautiful butterflies!

Butterfly country,Marian. Hope your busy schedule soon is over,seems to be armies of Butterflies waiting for you. The Marbled White has to be one of my favourites even though i never seen it myself. Here's to a successful fluttering summer for you amiga. :t:

Lots of wonderful butterflies images in this gallery,Marian. For the most recent,especially love the queen of Spain,petite tortue,large skipper...
Great great work !! Congratulations,mon amie and other queen of Spain |=)|

Just took a gander through this thread and you've got quite a wonderful image collections girl.

Hi Marian

I had to catch up this fantastic thread for 2011. The blues are my favourites here - beautiful

Fabulous photos of fabulous Spanish Butterflies

Need to post my own photos from Menorca from our trip in may this year

Do that asap, and i would love your opinion into what they are - there are not many of any species in Spain as we know, so I am sure they are not such a nightmare to ID, as there are not so many speces to ID.

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Just came here before finishing with the June Butterflies and found so many replies, WOW, thanks a million for your encouraging words, you'r interest lures me to add another update as soon as possible!!! o:) I'll do the effort to get everything ready for tomorrow, I cross my fingers for nothing to interfere in my plans and for adding more stuff very soon!!!

Cheers, everybody!!! B :)

Hola amiga Marian. You've added some real beauties since my last visit. I believe you get a greater variety of butterflies in Spain than we do here in Virginia. I hope at least one of the butterfllies I've shot in the last few days is post-worthy (I took a few days off and have visited wonderful new places). I also hope your work schedule settles down soon so you can have more time for fun.

Hi Marian,

This is a brilliant idea, I only wish I had seen it at the beginning of the season. I will now make sure I find some time later to have a read through from start to finish.

I hope you are well and please give my best wishes to MissLumixPix ;)

Popped in for my monthly visit, and delighted to see so many new additions, Marian. There are some real beauties there; the Turquoise Blue and the Marbled White are particularly stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Fabulous photos Marian

Love them, and the blues are stunningm and it has educated me all over again about the different species we have on our doorsteps

OH and I only see the May 'bout of butterflies in Menorca so we will be seeing the same species each year. We want to visit for some birding in Spain later in the year (if not this year - next year) - close to where we usually stay - so we will be seeing different wildlife. We have made a point in doing that :t:

Will let you know of our plans, and in the meantime keep those superb photos coming our way.

Regards
Kathy
x

Marian

I'm just back from 2 weeks in Villaviciosa, not far from where you live. It's a lovely part of the world though rain on 12 days out of 15 was a bit of a shock. So it was not great butterfly weather. What really impressed me though was the sheer numbers of butterflies everywhere when the sun came out. Walks along tracks by fields or in the woods would produce clouds of meadow browns, gatekeepers, speckled woods, marbled whites, wood whites, cleopatra etc.

I found the small blues quite tricky to identify and would have needed to carry a camers to clinch the identity for a number of them. We tried to go to the mountains a few times but got bathed in mist each time so I missed the high altitude species. We did not go to Fuente De. A French couple that were staying beside us went and were faced with a 2 hours+ queue on a not particularly good day so we decided not to make the long journey. The only new butterfly I saw was a rather worn great banded grayling.

The real highlight of the trip was seeing the wallcreepers at Cuevas Huertas with juvenile.

You're lucky to live in such a nice part of the world and I'd love to go back maybe late May/early June sometime

Hi Marian, what a superb idea and sets of beautifully photographed butterflies, well done and keep up the great work.

... have we lost you on the Forum Marian .... long time no see...or hear ...
hope and wish things are fine ... apart from being busy...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back