• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monovid Objective Cover (1 Viewer)

fogdart

United States
I wanted some protection for the objective on my Monovid. Found this Butler Creek scope cover that fits perfectly. It's snug but not too tight and, pushed all the way on, doesn't interfere with the focus ring. Seems to be very well made... flips up easily and stays put when closed. I put a short lanyard on the ocular cover and now have a quick and fairly clean way to keep lens protection close at hand. No more case! Model number is 02A (1.181, 30mm)

Note: I did try a rubber objective cover but found it would pull off occasionally when the Monovid was in my pocket. The flip up unit is fast and very secure, albeit a bit 'clunkier' than the rubber cover.

I also don't see why a couple of these wouldn't work nicely on an Ultravid 8x20. I have one on order and will test the fit when it arrives and report back.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information in this valuable review! I was having trouble finding the right size cap for my Monovid before I stumbled on this. Now I can wear it on my neck lanyard all day long without worrying about scratches. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back