• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Morocco - help with species id (1 Viewer)

Glaverty

Observed this bird in the Midelt area of Morocco on September 26. Merlin identified it as Red-breasted Flycatcher, but that seems unlikely due to the location. Any assistance in identification would be appreciated.IMG_2104.JPG

Not too far off - looks to be Pied flycatcher from this single image, though tricky angle. I'd expect RbF to have a more extensive buff suffusion to the underparts, a slightly better defined eye ring, and perhaps a hint of a grey shawl around the nape.
Do you have any more images (no matter how poor)?

Not too far off - looks to be Pied flycatcher from this single image, though tricky angle. I'd expect RbF to have a more extensive buff suffusion to the underparts, a slightly better defined eye ring, and perhaps a hint of a grey shawl around the nape.
Do you have any more images (no matter how poor)?
Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately, I have no other photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back