• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Prostaff P3/P7 with large FoV (1 Viewer)

Hello Philipp; If I could impose upon you to try the bino's with glasses and see how close to the field stop you see? If you don't wear glass, might you try with some sunglasses? 15.2 mm seems to be the magic number for me in ER but if you don't know how the measurement was taken, buying before trying can become a chore. Thanks, Pat

At this moment B&H is showing the P7 8x30 as in stock but only the 8x30. all of the P3 iterations are still on preorder. Nikon Canada is saying both the P3 and P7 are still on preorder.

I received my P7 8x30 today, my first impressions are very good. I've tried several entry-level binoculars over the last couple of months, trying to see how far up the ladder I need to go to find a model that has no distractingly negative characteristics in terms of optics, ergonomics and size. No red flags so far.

Currently, the only other bino in my possession is an EII which is similar in magnification and field of view but different in design and price (the EII was exactly double the cost of the P7). It's not a fair comparison but I imagine there are people wondering how the P7 compares to the EII. More to come!

Attachments

• PXL_20220723_024544225 (1).jpg
    PXL_20220723_024544225 (1).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
  • PXL_20220723_024622958.jpg
    PXL_20220723_024622958.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
I would love to finally read a good review about the 10x42...
I don't expect too much from the optics, but the externals, controls, and the price is very tempting!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back