• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

nikon 4500 & astro engineering zoom. (1 Viewer)

medinabrit

I have just purchased a used coolpix 4500 & an astro engineering 8x24 zoom which fixes to the camera lens .i believe this is a astro setup but would like to know if any birdforum members have ever tried this combo for birding?
hope someone out there can advise .
thanks, Brian

The EP looks very similar to the Vixen EP - maybe it's a clone or OEM. It should work. Here's a sample I've taken with the CP4500 and the Vixen EP using a SWARO 65 HD scope and a Plossl adapter. The sparrow was 60-70 meters away from me. I think the camera missed the bird and focused on the tiles. The EP was set to ~12mm. Combined focal length was ~ 4000mm (a bit too long). Some sharpening (USM) was applied to the picture due to the long focal length.

Attachments

• DSCN7122f.jpg
    DSCN7122f.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
thanks yossi .my outfit should be here next mon or tues .if my pics turn out as good as yours did i,ll be satified. up to now i,ve held camera[sony dsc p8] to the eye piece.
brian.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back