• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk birding (14 Viewers)

Titchwell June 28th

Today’s highlights

Knot – 2000 roosting
Avocet – 205 on fresh marsh
Bar tailed godwit – 325 on fresh marsh
Black tailed godwit – 70 on fresh marsh
Ruff – 2 on fresh marsh
Little gull – 4 on fresh marsh
Spotted redshank – 4 on fresh marsh
Green sandpiper – 1 on fresh marsh

Paul

I appreciate they are doing well in Norfolk now but 3 Red Kites together at the north end of Lady Anne's drive this afternoon was a bonus.
Weather pretty dreadful all day so not much else to report.

One more belated photo of the Starling, having been drawn out of the woodwork by John's compliment.

And the aforementioned Roller photo, cropped 'as intended' (definitely a product of circumstance rather than artistic judgement).

Also one of the two or three Nightjar's present that evening, in the same tree.
Ahh.... so you were the person standing next to me. I have the same pictures;), roller and nightjar, not put them on my blog yet though.

Penny:girl:

Titchwell July 1st

Today’s highlights

Spotted redshank – 7 on fresh marsh
Greenshank – 1 on fresh marsh
Green sandpiper – 3 on fresh marsh
Knot – 2800 roosting
Little gull – 6 on fresh marsh
Bar tailed godwit – 450 roosting
Black tailed godwit – 300 on fresh marsh
Avocet – 223 on fresh marsh
Med gull – 1st summer on fresh marsh

Paul

I searched for the Ortolan Bunting at Blakeney Freshes before work this morning. Full account and finder etc on my blog HERE. Three Spoonbills flew west at 4.35am.

:gn:

Penny:girl:

Last edited:
We will never know. One thing is for sure .. Sounds like the description of Ortolan will not be good enough to be accepted either!

How strong is the power of suggestion?
PS I know nothing!
Pager says 'possible Grey-necked Bunting male reported on Monday Blakeney Freshmarsh NT near sluice along foopath north of Blakeney Manor Hotel at 5.30pm but no sign on Tuesday (probably not Ortolan Bunting)'

People need to get out there and search, it could still be there somewhere! Done my bit this week, arriving at 4.20am on Tuesday before work!!! (still recovering from that!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back