• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

One scope - eyepieces from different manufacturers? (1 Viewer)

mcbep

Vogelgogerer
Hello!

Does every manufacturer developes its own eyepiece mount? I'm not sure, cause there are some scope clones on the market which just seem to be labeled with different brands.

E.g. does the Minox photo adaptor 62310 fit exaktly on Bausch & Lomb Scopes (and may be others).

The Minox 22x W.A looks like the 22x eyepice for kite Scopes.

Now why I'm asking? I received my first scope, a fine Minox 62 ED w the midrange 22x W.A eyepiece. Its eye relief is just 11mm which makes it difficult for digiscoping due to vignetting.

I attached a Nikon 990 and shot my very first digiscoped pic through the glass of a window (oak leaves in the attachment).

For best results in both, birding and digiscoping, I'm looking now for a low-mag, but high end eyepiece (no zoom) with long eye relief.

There is no from Minox, but may be others do fit?

Here some pics from the minox eyepiece mount, maybe someone can compare it with other eyepieces from other manufacturers.

Thanks a lot,

Bep

Attachments

• Minox_22x_WA_III.jpg
    Minox_22x_WA_III.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Minox_22x_WA_II.jpg
    Minox_22x_WA_II.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 154
  • oak_leaves_15m.jpg
    oak_leaves_15m.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 166
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back