• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please help (1 Viewer)

Bigoleoak

United States
Good morning folks. I have a pair of birds that stop by my home late morning and early afternoon. They are quite elusive so I've never gotten a really good eye on them I believe them to be brown larger birds but their song is unique and I've been searching for weeks I'm hoping you can help. This is a clip of song only

Hi,
I've attached sounds only. I've been researching these birds for about a month and asking everyone I know no one has ever heard them I think they are larger bird brown in color looking forward to any help thanks so much

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I am going to move your question to the ID forum where it has a better chance of getting answered.

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I am going to move your question to the ID forum where it has a better chance of getting answered.
Oh thank you so much! I'm brand new and not sure how this works yet. I sure do appreciate your help.

It has been a long time since I lived in Blue Jay country, but I think the "wee hoo" sound might be one of theirs. They definitely make a wide variety of calls.

There is a fun story relating to jay vocalizations by Mark Twain, known as "Jim Barker's blue jay yarn" or "What stumped the blue jays". Since it is reported to have involved birds in California I suspect Steller's Jays were the actual protagonists, but Blue Jays are closely related and have similar vocal abilities. You might find it amusing.

There is a fun story relating to jay vocalizations by Mark Twain, known as "Jim Barker's blue jay yarn" or "What stumped the blue jays". Since it is reported to have involved birds in California I suspect Steller's Jays were the actual protagonists, but Blue Jays are closely related and have similar vocal abilities. You might find it amusing.
Thank you, I did watch a ten minute video on blue Jays songs. And it said they can mimic all sorts of noises perhaps that is what it is I really need to try to get a picture on the day that I thought I seen one singing it was brown.
Thanks so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back