• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Problems with Yahoo Mail (1 Viewer)

HH75

Ireland
Hi all,
In the last week or so, I have developed some chronic problems with Yahoo Mail, while I am able to access most other websites without problem. Sometimes, my wireless broadband connection is very slow, and all sites can be affected then, but, most of the time, my net access is adequate, other than for my e-mail.
Basically, I can log on to my e-mail account as usual, and can get as far as the screen which shows the various individual e-mails and their titles. Sometimes, I can open 2-3 mails, sometimes I can't, but, after opening 1-4, my computer tends to freeze with one open, leaving me unable to scroll up or down, or else the screen below the toolbar goes blank.
The occasional time a mail does stay on the screen, I am unable to reply to it: any attempt to do so will see everything remain the same on screen (i.e. the body of the mail etc will still be visible as before), with the exception of a flashing cursor roughly where it should be had I been directed to the correct screen for drafting a mail. Going in through my address book will get me as far as a screen with the e-mail address in the address bar, and a white 'box' in which the text should be written...all well and good so far, but any attempt to write more than a few letters in the box will see a series of static cursor lines appear in place of letters. When I highlight what I have written, copy, and paste elsewhere, it does register as text, though it only shows up as lines, and I can't write much more than 3-4 sentences in the hope that I won't make a typo while unable to see what I am writing.
E-mail is one of the main reasons that I got my own wireless broadband connection (via a USB stick provided by a mobile phone network here), and my almost complete inability to make use of this is severely limiting the use that I can make of the internet. Can anyone help me out, preferrably in simple language (I am not the world's most knowledgable on computer jargon!)?
Regards,
Harry

I assume that you using a mobile dongle, have you checked your signal quality, if its very poor it will cause big issues. If this is in a laptop have you tried it somewhere else?

I've also started to have problems accessing yahoo mail in the past week or so. My browser freezes when I try to get to my messages and I have to keep clicking the inbox before I can finally get at the mail.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back