• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Question about hawk migration (1 Viewer)

JoeGBirder

Photography and birding enjoyer
United States
Can I see migrating hawks in the Albany, NY, area? I see red tailed hawks still but I would love to see them in large numbers, which I have not yet. if I can, any tips on where I should go birding to see this?

Franklin Mt. in Oneonta may not be too far, their season is right about now for Golden Eagles and Red-tailed Hawks. See this link below for info (HawkCount.org is a great website in general):

In spring, though, you can't beat sites on the Great Lakes such as Braddock Bay and Derby Hill!

There is also a hawkwatch at John Boyd Thacher State Park which is very close to Albany. The best season is early Fall/September and Broadwing Hawks are their specialty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back