• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce in Yorkshire (3 Viewers)

Birdguides this morning

W Yorks Anglers CP

Lesser Scaup: 1st-winter drake reported on south side of CP Lake yesterday for 22nd DAY

If its and the Am Wigeon are still present Sunday I might be up for going. Which side of the road is Country Park Lake? Presume its the opposite one to the Wigeon.

Thanks, Sam

If its and the Am Wigeon are still present Sunday I might be up for going. Which side of the road is Country Park Lake? Presume its the opposite one to the Wigeon.

Thanks, Sam

If you go into the car park then Anglers is straight on along the path, a chalk board will let you know what is in the area. For Wintersett go back out of the carpark and down the lane. The AmWig goes between the two and is best found on Wintersett early morning/mid week.

are there any pictures of this bird,im very intrested because the day before this bird was reported,l saw a bird at alocal site in cheshire (frodsham)which when first seen was resting on the water with its head down, seen at some distance and into the sun l id as a male scaup.A good hour later ,on our way back had another look,this time it was awake and much closer,it was not a scaup as the head shape was all wrong and it looked smaller,thought of a hybrid,but never considered Lesser Scaup (idiot)?,the bird was bugging me after l was dropped off,in fact alarm bells were going off, Looked at a few guides ,confirmed what l first thought as a male pochard/ female tuftie hybrid,but needed to look at the bill,went back next day but had gone as had a good number of tufties .The timing is spot on,only 65/70 miles ,so if any one has a picture and could post on this thead would be very intrested to have a look cheers dave

There was a dodgy picture on birdguides when I looked this morning, it has now gone. Now identified as tufty and in the West Yorks pics.

Hi,
Anybody have any info on a reported common crane at Langsett in fields by the A616 yesterday afternoon and this morning? A Huddersfield birder checked out the area this afternoon without any joy.

Cheers

Russ

Had a good/bad day at Winterset today....Am Widgeon...male Smew..dipped on the Pintail..but......I was with the young feller who rang in the GG Shrike to BG...just a fleeting glance (around the boathouse) but it was enough...then the storm came....!

There are at least 2 Waxwings in the Aldi/Sainsburys carparks in Hessle. Saw them as i drove past on the way to work this morning.

Marc

Smew and Green Winged Teal at Fairburn Ings yesterday. Were they present today? I might go Fairburn Ings tomorrow. Are there any other rarities/unusual sightings around the area worth visiting?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back