• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red tailed hawk swoops down at girl (1 Viewer)

piclady632

My friend put a pool in last year, when her daughter goes in the yard the hawk swoops down at her. She is afraid to go out back. There is a nest nearby and they would never disturb it. What can they do to share the yard with this bird? Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

I think putting up a nylon net-fence or cover along the backyard would help prevent the hawk from swooping down. But I dont know how big the area is, anyway this material doesn't cost much. I hope this could help.

This is just a guess, but maybe it helps to put aluminum foil out on trees and similar items. Maybe a lot of it. The reflections might irritate the bird and it will stay away. But this is just a guess.

I think when the breeding season is over, the bird will calm down.

Markus

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back