• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Replacing a P5100 (1 Viewer)

paddyenglishman

Semper in excretia sumus; solum profundum variat.
Hi Folks
Its been awhile since i posted anything .I need to replace a P5100 as i suspect i will not be able to repair it after it bouncing down the marble steps of some Duomo or other in Italy . Ive a few questions .
What can i get that has the same screw thread on the front ( i made a screwed adaptor for the digiscope based on this screw ring and have no desire to try to repeat this)
Can i get anything in compact form that gives me a faster shutter speed in auto than the P5100?
Am i better of waiting for awhile for any newer models , not necassarily Nikon ?

You won't find any newer cameras with the same screw thread as the P5100.
If you look through the threads in this forum you'll see lot's of newer cameras mentioned that are better than the P5100, although if you are happy with it you just replace it.

A used P6000 will be good, but I don't know if the threads are the same. The best of the current crop now is the P300. It needs its own FSB-8 adapter for use on Nikon scopes. Have a look at the thread discussing its performance :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back