• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Robin friendly roost box (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I've been looking for a good quality roost box to setup in my garden, more so now as the winds have picked up.

I haven't had any luck online. So I was hoping to make one.

What size does the entrance hole need to be to allow a robin to enter?

Do I need to provide any additional support on the outside of the hole to allow the robins' ease of access?

Look forward to your advice!

Robins NEST BOXES are the open front type but no ideas about roost boxes.
sorry

Keith

Yes I do mean roost boxes as in: http://www.shawcreekbirdsupply.com/plans_roost_box.htm

But again i'd like to make it as friendly as possible for robins and birds of similar or smaller sizes.

They seem to get on well in the garden, going from garden to garden pretty much together, so was hoping to provide a place to sleep at night safely.

Your recommendations will be most welcome.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back